|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Security Wise (N.W) Limited via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Security Wise (N.W) Limited,
we or us
|Security Wise (N.W) Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 05401341 whose registered office is at 8 Market Place, Adlington, Chorley, Lancashire, PR7 4EZ;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Security Wise (N.W) Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Security Wise (N.W) Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, http://www.securitywise-nw.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as postal address, email address and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
For purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Security Wise (N.W) Limited is the “data controller”.
We may retain any Data you submit for an unlimited time, but this time frame is likely to be no longer than 6 years from the termination of any contract or services we supply you.
We will not share your personal data with others, unless:
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal details in order to comply with any legal obligation, to comply with an obligation by our accreditation bodies, or in order to enforce or apply our rules.
- We use third parties to carry out business activities and they require your personal details to do so. This may include analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- We are obliged or permitted by law to do so.
- Subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy.
All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- provision of services;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
Security Wise (N.W) Limited may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Security Wise (N.W) Limited (where such Data is held) which shall be provided within a period of one month free of charge. Security Wise (N.W) Limited reserves the right to impose a fee of £10 for any request which is deemed to be manifestly unfounded or excessive.
Data security is of great importance to Security Wise (N.W) Limited and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.